Lately, as I have been frolicking through the blogosphere during my nightly online wanderings, I have noticed a trend. One Hundred Things. Or One Hundred Random Facts about Me. Or some variation of that title. Followed by a list of, surprisingly, one hundred random facts about that blogger.
Well, I may be late to the party but I am always willing to jump right into the fun, except that I am not the Princess of Conformity. So, in the spirit of participating in bloggy fun while still maintaining my own unique identity, I present to you–
Twenty-Eight Random Lies about Me.
1. I am prone to frequent fits of shrill, maniacal laughter.
2. I am really a grumpy 75-year-old man sitting at my computer stalking mommy bloggers and wearing a tiara.
3. I strongly dislike ice cream.
4. Sometimes I just can’t help myself and I clean frantically for hours at a time.
5. My laundry is always done.
6. My children refer to me always as “Beautiful Princess Who Makes Our Dreams Come True.”
7. I have a faint Polish accent.
8. My favorite holiday is Armistice Day.
9. I know what Armistice Day is.
10. I am often mistaken for Michael Jordan.
11. I often dream that I had been born 200 years ago and could spend my life on an idyllic early-nineteenth century farm.
12. I take everything very seriously, especially this blog.
13. I have no idea where my son got his chatty streak from.
14. I am a total shoe snob. I have to wear my Prada stilettos to work every day or I fear the children will not take me seriously.
15. I am 100% sure that Prada makes stilettos.
16. Sauerkraut. Yum.
17. My husband and I met while backpacking across Europe. He was my guide but I couldn’t understand a word he said because my Japanese was really rusty at the time.
18. I absolutely love to read romance novels.
19. My article, “Fifteen Ways to Show Affection to your Pet Dinosaur,” won first place in the high school writing contest my senior year, and was later published in The Journal of Unusual Domestic Animals.
20. I have a life-sized tattoo of my husband’s face on my back.
21. I sometimes find it difficult to believe that I have accomplished so much in my twenty-two short years upon this earth.
22. I was once abducted by aliens who made me play “Camptown Races” on my recorder for 36 hours straight with only one bathroom break.
23. In my spare time, I moonlight as a fairy godmother.
24. I harbor deep feelings of resentment toward my ninth-grade French teacher.
25. I have unlimited time and therefore will keep making these up until I get to one hundred.
26. I have a weak spot for opera.
27. I’m not going to stop now.