In one of my jaunts around the blogosphere (I’ve been jaunting and frolicking around the wide world of mommy blogs a lot lately), I discovered this fabulous concept of My Husband Rocks Fridays. And I think this is just such a wonderful idea. So many women just gripe gripe gripe about their spouses. Well if he’s such a jerk, why did you marry him in the first place?
My mom told me a long time ago that one of the best pieces of advice she could give me is to never gossip about my husband or speak negatively about him to others. Yes, that is a challenge, especially for a person like me who loves to talk. A lot. But it is a great bit of advice. And I think that I, as the very blessed wife of a wonderful, godly man, ought to take as many opportunities as possible to brag on him.
However, my Fridays are already taken with The Book Experience with Stinky and Bubs, so I have decided to post My Husband Rocks Friday on Wednesday.
I am not the Princess of Conformity. I believe I established that yesterday.
So, without any further ado, I present My Husband Rocks Friday Wednesday, and
Ten Reasons My Husband Rocks
1. He gives plasma so that we can have spending money to buy stuff, go out for dinner, and do special things as a family.
2. He regularly makes dinner and loads the dishwasher.
3. He loves books even more than I do.
4. He calls one of the girls at his job Lumpy. It makes me laugh every time.
5. He has been making me laugh since we first met (ten years ago next month!) and he gives me reasons to giggle every day.
6. When I had a miscarriage earlier this year, he cried with me and shared my grief. (And he still found ways to make me smile).
7. He introduced me to the wonder that is the Starbucks Frappucino.
8. He thinks I’m attractive, in spite of the rather distressing weight gain I have experienced in the last year. (Brownie, anyone?)
9. He is an amazing daddy to our sons.
10. He puts up with me– and I am needy, annoying, loud, and a really bad housekeeper.
<— plus, we’re just such a cute couple! 🙂 *adding for clarity’s sake and so everyone doesn’t get a very wrong idea, this is not our house. Our house is smaller, less pretty, and not surrounded by a big iron fence. LOL. This is the Harry S. Truman house in Independence, MO*