The choice was melancholy or random, and since I think perhaps this little blog of mine has been a bit too melancholy lately, we’re going with random.
Maybe even a list of random. Yes, I think a list shall do quite nicely.
1. Yesterday, Stinky looked outside at the ice on the grill and said with great excitement, “Look! There’s icicles on our girl!”
2. Art and I are only a few months from our tenth wedding anniversary. This is very exciting. I’m sure many random acts of romantic hilarity shall occur in the next few months.
3. Tonight the boys and I made collage hearts using cereal box cardboard as the base and scrapbook paper to do the actual collaging with. They look pretty cool. I’m planning to mount them on some cardboard or something and frame them and display them in our living room. If I ever get a camera I shall take pictures.
4. I am getting a camera. Just not sure when. Hopefully I’ll be able to order/purchase/whatever one next week. Our tax statement has been approved and now we are just waiting for that magical and mystical day when it is deposited into our checking account.
5. One of the few things that truly delight me about winter is getting to kick the slush out when it builds up in the wheel wells of the van. I love doing that so much. I don’t know why. Probably because I’m awesome.
6. One of my new year’s resolutions was to keep my photos more organized this year. So far so good, being that I’ve not been able to take pictures for nearly two weeks. (Lookin’ on the bright side I am I am!)
7. I had this thought the other day about Martin Luther King, Jr. and his quote about not judging people by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. And I thought that was interesting, because our culture is so hung up on not judging each other that we refuse to be good judges of character. And that’s kind of sad. (not melancholy, just sad.)
8. The lamp on the little table across from my computer chair has the ugliest shade in the universe. I really want to replace it, but lamp shades are so stinking expensive! Something else to add to the “keep an eye out at garage sales” list.
9. I like chocolate. A lot.
10. I think I should go eat some chocolate. Possibly a lot of it. Yum. Bye.