So, y’all might not have realized it, but our tenth wedding anniversary is tomorrow. I know. I’ve been truly subtle about it.
I am nothing if not subtle.
Anyway, in honor of the amazing ten years Art and I have spent in wedded bliss, I offer you:
Ten Things That Are Even More Awesome About Us Now
1. Between the two of us, we have three more degrees than we did then. If you count Bubs graduating from kindergarten, we have four more.
2. Art has, on more than one occasion since our wedding day, worn a shirt that was not blue.
3. We own a Dodge Grand Caravan instead of a Plymouth Horizon. (Seriously, that car was amazing. The first year we were married, Iowa had a horrible winter and that car slid off the road into a ditch about five times. Also, at one point the only door on that car that worked properly was the rear passenger door. It was exciting.)
4. I have better eyebrows since I bit the bullet a few years ago and started getting them waxed.
5. We’re both better cooks. I can now cook more than hamburger helper and muffins from a Jiffy mix, and Art recently learned the secret of fluffy scrambled eggs.
6. Art has way better glasses now.
7. We have internet access and long distance.
8. I have a much cuter and more extensive collection of cozy pajama pants than I did ten years ago.
9. Art is way hotter with the crinkly smile lines around his eyes.
10.We’re both better kissers. Ten more years of practice, ya know. (I must confess to looking forward to ten more years of kissing him!) (Sorry Dad) (And Mom) (And Laura) (And all my other relatives) (And many of my friends as well)
It’s been a good, bad, simple, complicated, joyful, sad, healthy, sick, amazing ten years.
And we’re still completely awesome.
It’s good to be awesome.
(Still working on that whole humility thing though)
P.S.– Flashback Friday will be here again this week, and if you need a theme please indulge me if I pick weddings! But don’t feel like you have to write about weddings. You can if you want. Just be sure to link up, okay? I might not get the post up till Friday morning but I promise I’ll get it up! 🙂