So. It’s been awhile since I blogged. And a lot has happened since then. And I’m never in a million years going to remember it all, but darned if I’m not going to try. To make it seem less like a random endless ramble and more like something with purpose, I’m going to make it a list. I know. I’m so tricky like that.
2. If you did watch the video then you know our big news. So, to answer all the burning questions that I know you’re wondering though you didn’t ask: the baby is due on August 23rd; I’m seven weeks and two days along; and I haven’t been puking yet but OH MY STOMACH I haven’t been feeling great either.
3. Saturday we had a little baby scare and ended up in the emergency room. It was just a false alarm, however, and an ultrasound showed that the little Marshmallow is measuring right on target and has a little beating heart. Also that there is only one little Marshmallow, which is good.
4. We had a wonderful Christmas break. If you watched the video you saw a few pictures from our little Together family Christmas. The day after Christmas we drove to Omaha to celebrate with my folks. Not only did we do Christmas again, but Bubs also got a second birthday party. He got a magic set and a book of magic tricks, which he attempted to do for us. Let’s just say that while sleight of hand might not be his strong suit, he did make us all laugh. I’m not sure he appreciated the laughing really. Anyone who wants to contribute to his therapy fund is welcome to contact me. I would post pictures from his Omaha birthday, except apparently I didn’t resize any of them appropriately and I am nothing if not determinedly lazy.
5. I did, however, resize a few of the pictures from the Omaha Christmas.
He did not get storage bags for Christmas, although we were teasing him about it, which is why he’s smiling. That’s full of pipe cleaners. My parents got the boys a whole bunch of new art and craft supplies. So far they have used the pipe cleaners to make animals with very long tails. And also messes.
Buying my children tape is like buying most kids video games. They love it. Although I fully expect to walk into their bedroom one of these days and find Stinky taped to the wall.
Squeezy’s new baby from Auntie Laura. She loves this baby, but se is quite mystified by the little bug antennae things on top of its head. Which is cute. Generally speaking, Squeezy is cute.
6. One of our projects for Christmas break was moving the boys to a new bedroom. Our house has three bedrooms, two upstairs and one downstairs, so all three kids have been sharing a room. However, with Marshmallow on the way and with the kids getting older we decided it was time to move the boys to the downstairs bedroom. I admit I was a little nervous about having them down there, but they LOVE it. It’s like their own little lair/ secret clubhouse/ hideout/ thingie.
We got the boys a CD player for Christmas, and they got CDs from my sister and Art and I made them one of songs they like off our mp3 players. Stinky’s favorite is “Little Deuce Coupe” by the Beach Boys, which he listens to over and over and over and over at ridiculously loud volumes. Bubba’s favorite is “The March of Kings” by George Bizet, and I’m NOT kidding. He has played it so many times that I had it running through my head every time I woke up last night. Which was a lot.
They are going to be thrilled today when I give them a CD of skip-counting songs and make them listen to it over and over. Thrilled.
7. Art and I engaged in our annual wild New Year’s Eve revelry last Friday night; we put the kids in bed and watched the extended edition of Lord of the Rings: the Return of the King. We also ate delightful quantities of summer sausage, cheese, crackers, shrimp dip, and cake balls, although mercifully not together. We realized at 12:03 that we had missed the new year again, which is as much a part of a tradition as the New Year’s Day indigestion.
8. Today I have to do freezer cooking. I’m not sure how this is going to work, considering my pretty much constant nausea, but I’m hoping it will be easier to get a bunch of cooking done today and not have to worry about it for a few weeks than to deal with it every single day. I’m hoping, anyway. We’ll see how it goes. I cooked chicken in the crockpot overnight and OH MY WORD THE SMELL. So I’m not sure how this is going to work out.
9. To all of you who keep coming back to this old blog even when I take random two-week posting breaks, I love you! You guys make this a fun place for me to be.
10. Did you watch the video?