1. It is so refreshing to spend time with friends who love the Lord. Today the kids and I went to the zoo with one of the ladies from our church, and it was just such a delightful time. I guess maybe I appreciated the adult company more than I normally would, since I have been sorely lacking in that department this week. We walked all over the zoo in the hot sun, but I am less tired tonight than I have been all week. What an encouragement.
2. I really wish I had some grapes.
3. The kids are going to be in a homeschooling co-op this fall, and today I talked with the coordinator and I am going to be teaching speech for the junior and senior high kids. It’s just one hour every other week; six weeks total. I’m really excited to brush off my edumacation, but kind of nervous too! Thankfully I have nearly two months to prepare. I think it should be a lot of fun, and I’m very happy that the kids will get to be part of a group and make some friends and learn in a different setting. I firmly believe in the awesomeness of homeschooling, but I also believe in letting my kids have good opportunities, and this one is wonderful.
4. Art called today and the other counselor in his cabin had convinced him to go down the zipline. I am totally shocked by this. He actually went down twice. My husband is really afraid of heights.
5. We had missionaries at church on Sunday, and he preached about planning our lives around God’s will, and letting God have the plan for our lives. One of his points involved the sinfulness of laziness, based on the verse in James that basically says that if you know what to do and don’t do it, you’re sinning. And he pointed out that even though sometimes God’s will is hard to discern, it usually isn’t, and that often when we’re not doing what God wants it’s simply sinful laziness on our part. Then Sunday night Art reviewed some of the sessions at a conference we recently attended, and reminded me of some things I had really been convicted and inspired by at the conference. So. I guess I need to get busy, doing what God wants me to do.
6. I love my laptop cooling pad. I know I mentioned it yesterday. It’s kind of shocking how much I love it. I might be slightly obsessed.
7. This boy is growing and changing so fast all of a sudden. He has been such a wonderful help to me this week. It’s kind of overwhelming to think about the changes that are coming in the next several years, but I can’t help but be optimistic that we’re going to survive. 🙂 And in the meantime, well, I’m just going to enjoy my “tween” and love that he still thinks I’m funny, he still gives me kisses, and he still thinks going to the zoo with his family is cool.
8. I’m thinking popcorn and a mystery novel sound pretty fabulous right about now. ‘Night, everyone! 🙂